Welcome to the 2020 Beach Dogs Lacrosse Summer Camp Program.
We will split up the groups on Monday. The state has set the guideline for outdoor activities to 50 people, which each of our locations will have less.
Stable group size: stable sports groups are subject to the Phase III social gathering limits of 25 people for indoor activities and 50 people for outdoor activities. This includes players, coaches, and volunteers.
The following are the guidelines set forth by the state for operating a safe summer camp. Please review with your camper.
- All Players MUST wear a mask walking to and from the field, and while waiting for their time slot. Players may remove their masks if they choose only during the session on the field.
- All Players MUST use only their OWN equipment at all times. They may not share sticks, gloves, or helmets.
- Players and Coaches MUST DO THEIR BEST to maintain 6-ft of distance throughout the session. The Rhode Island DHS does not require social distancing within stable groups.
- Each group will have an assigned station to leave their personal belongings as well as their water bottle
- There will be absolutely NO contact during a session. Players MUST avoid high fives, chest bumps, etc...
- There will be NO Spectators at these sessions. Parents may drop off and are asked to wait in the car to maintain the gathering being less than 10 people at all times
What steps would we encourage you to take?
We encourage you to follow sound hygiene practices, including:
- Frequent handwashing with soap or use of hand sanitizer. We will have plenty at each field.
- Cover your mouth and/or nose when you cough or sneeze (with a tissue or your inner elbow, not your hand).
- Avoid physical contact that may transmit germs—refrain from shaking hands, hugging, etc.
- Bring your own equipment and water, as well as your own face masks when you visit camp or practice.
- Honor social distancing protocols throughout the facility.
We have an online resource for families:
Drop Off and Pick Up
Due to state restrictions, we ask that parents drop off and pick up their players without leaving their cars if possible.
LINKED HERE is a form that we ask each player to bring with them each day. There are 5, one for each day. Please complete this form and give to your player to give to their coach each morning. This is required by the state to help screen players for any symptoms of COVID-19. For your reference, they are below.
PLEASE CLICK HERE AND PRINT THIS FORM AND BRING WITH YOU EACH DAY
SHORTNESS OF BREATH OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING
FEVER OR CHILLS
MUSCLE OR BODY ACHES
NAUSEA OR VOMITING
RUNNY NOSE OR STUFFY NOSE
RECENT LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL
- Have you been in close contact (less than six feet) with anyone with COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled anywhere outside the 50 United States in the past 14 days?
- Have you traveled to Rhode Island from another city, town, county, or state that currently has a stay-at-home restriction, a shelter-in-place restriction, or a similar restriction, declaration, or announcement due to a COVID-19 outbreak?
- Have you been directed to quarantine or isolate by the Rhode Island Department of Health or a healthcare provider in the past 14 days? If so, when does/did your quarantine or isolation period end?
IF YOU HAVE ANSWERED “YES” TO ANY OF THE QUESTIONS ABOVE, YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE
July 27th - 31st
What Division is my Child In?
Division 1 - Boys Grades 6 and up - Director Mark Hoey
Division 2 - Boys Grades 3-5 - Director Richard Bernasconi
Division 3 - Boys Grades K-2 - Director Stevie Sousa
Ladies Division - All ladies, All Grades, Director Bill Villareal
9:00am - 1:00pm - Grades K-2 - Half Day Program
9:00am - 2:30pm - Grades 3-12 - Full Day Program
Check-in will start at 900am each day. Pick up can be between 230-300pm
Please note Friday will be a game day and we will wrap up at about noon.
Drop off & registration will be at the field designated for your division. See below for details.
This year we have 2 distinct locations with different drop-off locations. Please note the field map below.
Division 1 - Glen Fields - 715 East Main Road, Portsmouth. We will be on the RIGHT side, Turn right into the parking lot before the Brown (yellow) house. Again - Drop off players and pick up players there. Please stay in your cars
Division 2 - Pennfield School - 110 Sandy Point Rd, Portsmouth -Drive straight through campus and park and drop at the lot far right. The field is to right of the school.
Division 3 - Pennfield School, 110 Sandy Point Rd, Portsmouth - The BOX field set up on the right, first thing, as you drive in. You can park on the right and drop off.
Ladies Division - Pennfield School - 110 Sandy Point Rd, Portsmouth - the front field on the left. Please drive through campus and take first left to drop players off.
There is no lunch served this year due to the COVID-19 restrictions. Campers must bring in an adequate amount of food and snacks for the day.
Please note there will be no water refilling stations. Please make sure your player brings water for the day. We will of course have water and Gatorade for sale if needed and we will not let your players go without.
Watch Crooked Arrows - then you can hang out with Tyler….
Tyler Hill - Disney's Crooked Arrows - Click Here for Trailer
Alfie Jaques - Iroquois Stick Maker - click here to learn more
Gewas Schindler - Iroquois Nationals - click here
Cam Bomberry and the guests above will be at camp and will rotate thru the divisions throughout the week.
Bring Sun Screen - we will have some if needed but please put some on before you come. (do not put on forehead! - under eyes is good.)
Bring a water bottle and water for the day….
NOTE - after camp, each day - drink water, it will hydrate you for the next day.
If for any reason the weather turns against us we may start camp late or end early. Keep a lookout for emails.
There will be no camp store this week - we will have shorts and shirts for sale. You can order online and we will deliver to players. Stay tuned for more information.
There will be wireless internet access on the field to be used by camp staff as needed. Weather is monitored locally as needed and any communications will be emailed to parents throughout the day as needed. Incoming emails will be monitored hourly. If parents have questions or concerns they can email
and expect a reply within an hour usually. Emergency communications will be by phone, incoming and outgoing.
401-965-9622 is the number to call. Voicemails will be returned urgently.
Please note that if it is not an emergency please email.
Lastly, at Beach Dogs Lacrosse Camp, we have one rule, RESPECT. This year more than ever, we are all doing our best to do the right thing so be mindful of how others feel. Please remind your players that respect for their coaches, their teammates, themselves, and the game is expected at all times. Any disrespect is considered a disruption and any player can be asked to leave.
See you Monday!